Welcome

Welcome to "Better Golfing" - the site for the golfing community at large.
Whether you have just started playing golf or whether you are an accomplished player this site is for you.
In this website I plan to give you some honest opinions on equipment but more importantly give you a reality check on YOU. You are different to me and you are different to Tiger.
With some honest opinion and advice, the correct basic equipment and a little bit of practice we will get you on the road to Better Golfing!

Better Golfing - Simply.

With "Better Golfing" I hope to get you to relax about the game of golf, enjoy it to the best of your ability, accept your limitations, retain your competitive edge and celebrate your achievements. We need to learn to enjoy to the full those days when "everything goes right" and accept the times when "absolutley nothing you do works". I welcome your participation by way of anectodes, questions and opinions - please contribute freely. With your input I hope to make this a place where we can all enjoy the game more and all move on to "Better Golfing".

Let's Talk Golf!

Golf is probably the most mysterious game of all and is pretty unique in many aspects. First and foremost it is a game that involves a static ball. In most other games the ball is moving at a high speed and the participants either have to hit, catch, kick, dodge, steer or guide it somewhere. There are no two golf courses that are the same, and all golf course are altered daily by moving the teeing ground and or moving the pin location. No two shots ARE EVER the same. Participants have an array of up to 14 clubs to choose from for each shot. It is a game where the partcipant is the referee. The game relies on the honesty of each golfer to ensure the rules are adhered to. How unique is that? Golf is played year round - weather permitting. There are only 34 rules in golf. These 34 rules and the various definitions cover any situation that may arise in the course of a round of golf.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's Master's Week!!

Yes its that time of year again and the 2009 Masters is of particular interest to me this year for a number of reasons.
Firstly it is the Masters and the famed Augusta course. I just love looking at the course on TV.
Secondly the defending champ is Trevor Immelman and as a former South African I am of course rooting for him and the rest of the South African contingent.
I am also very interested in his choice for the dinner. He has chosen typical South African dishes in Bobotie and Melk Tert. I'd love to know how well these are received by the players. Bobotie is a Cape Malay dish and is currie based. Delicious but not everyone's cup of tea. So I hope old Trevor doesn't send some of those golfers out hungry.
My next point of interest is the Korean born New Zealand amateur Danny Lee who is making his first appearance at the Masters. As the World Amateur Matchplay Champion he is teeing of alongside Trevor Immelman and Scott Adams. How daunting can that be for the 19 year old youngster? He is set to turn pro straight after The Masters and great things are expected of him. I hope he makes the cut as he will benefit greatly from the experience. I think it was Johnny Miller who has actually tipped Danny Lee as his dark horse to win!!
Then of course there is the irrepressible Tiger. Will his presence be enough to scare all the other bunnys away? Somehow one gets that feeling.
But hey it is The Masters and anything can happen.
One thing is for sure and that is come Sunday the cream will rise to the top.
Go Trevor!
Go Danny!
Go Tiger!
And go the rest!
I just want it to be the great tournament it is every year.
On a technical note I am also interested in watching the players swings and short game strokes.
What I learned at my recent EGTF Continued Pofessional Development course and through "5 Key Elements" has made me look at things in a totally different light.
I went out and put some of the things I learned in the "5 Key Elemants" to the test yesterady and I will be paying close attention to the position of the player's belt buckles at the top of their backswings. Something worked for me yesterday and my swing thought was "belt buckle".
Where ever you are enjoy The Masters and I hope you get the opportunity to watch every shot.

No comments: