Welcome

Welcome to "Better Golfing" - the site for the golfing community at large.
Whether you have just started playing golf or whether you are an accomplished player this site is for you.
In this website I plan to give you some honest opinions on equipment but more importantly give you a reality check on YOU. You are different to me and you are different to Tiger.
With some honest opinion and advice, the correct basic equipment and a little bit of practice we will get you on the road to Better Golfing!

Better Golfing - Simply.

With "Better Golfing" I hope to get you to relax about the game of golf, enjoy it to the best of your ability, accept your limitations, retain your competitive edge and celebrate your achievements. We need to learn to enjoy to the full those days when "everything goes right" and accept the times when "absolutley nothing you do works". I welcome your participation by way of anectodes, questions and opinions - please contribute freely. With your input I hope to make this a place where we can all enjoy the game more and all move on to "Better Golfing".

Let's Talk Golf!

Golf is probably the most mysterious game of all and is pretty unique in many aspects. First and foremost it is a game that involves a static ball. In most other games the ball is moving at a high speed and the participants either have to hit, catch, kick, dodge, steer or guide it somewhere. There are no two golf courses that are the same, and all golf course are altered daily by moving the teeing ground and or moving the pin location. No two shots ARE EVER the same. Participants have an array of up to 14 clubs to choose from for each shot. It is a game where the partcipant is the referee. The game relies on the honesty of each golfer to ensure the rules are adhered to. How unique is that? Golf is played year round - weather permitting. There are only 34 rules in golf. These 34 rules and the various definitions cover any situation that may arise in the course of a round of golf.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hit Longer Drives.

With all this talk about coaching and practising I have been surfing around the Internet to find ideas of how best to put it all together so that people can understand and apply what I am trying to teach them. As a coach one of the hardest things to do is teach a universal audience by means of writing.
However I have uncovered a gem in the form of Eric Young's "5 Keys To Distance".
The 5 Keys to Distance has nothing to do with the short game - in fact it is the exact opposite with the emphasis on hitting the ball longer - much longer - while still maintaining control.
I picked it up as a sceptic and couldn't wait to put it down!!
I couldn't wait to put it down because I wanted to try the very first drill he describes - it was so practical and made so much sense to me.
But I am getting ahead of myself. I was sceptical because Eric is a world long driving champion and I thought that the e-book and videos would be all about how big and strong he is. I was pleasantly surprised to find that he comes across as a humble man.
Sure his story is there but not in a bragging sort of way. He tells his story as part of the journey he undertook to find out how to hit the ball further and still maintain control. It makes for an interesting read on its own.
Anyone who can regularly hit the ball straight and over 360 yards is worth listening to.
You may not want to hit the ball as far as Eric does but if you want to add an extra 20 - 50 yards off the tee (and who doesn't) then you just have to get the "5 Keys To Distance".
I can honestly say that this is by far the best instructional e-book (with accompanying videos) that I have ever come across - and this is exactly the same description that Golf Today Magazine gave the e-book.
I don't even want to mention the 60 day money back guarantee because you won't be needing it. Anyone who sends this product back has not read it. Simple as that.
The book has a series of drills, each neatly divided into separate key swing components all with accompanying videos. So you get to read and see the drill and what you are trying to achieve.
Oh and Eric has a really smooth swing but despite its languid look you can see the power he generates.
Get the "5 Keys to Distance" and practice them on the sneak before exposing your new power to your mates - and then enjoy the look on your face as you tell them you are on a new diet!!
I'll be back soon with more short game stuff - although to be honest I have also started working on my distance!

No comments: